Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

New Year's Resolutions are made to be broken, so let's not call them that, okay? Well, if you want to call them that, I guess you can, but it's my blog and I say NOT. Call them what you wish on your blog.

Anyway, I like to just call them goals. Tim and I ventured out on a limb last year and attemped our own version of The Bigget Loser. It lasted only a few short weeks because of various reasons, but the goal is still there. I'm not voting for a huge biggest loser edition this year, but I do have some goals that are very similar, just a little less pressure. I also have a really exciting goal that you can get involved with! So, without further ado, I give you...

Renata's Goals for 2009:

1. Lose down to my ideal weight category (I'm only slightly overweight, but I'm tired of being this way)

2. Pay off 1/2 of our debt (I do the finances in our house, and we're aiming to pay off our debt before Tim start seminary. We've started paying down our debt, but this will be the first year to really make a dent in it.)

3. Complete as many Random Acts of Kindness Deeds this year. (This is the one you can get involved in. Well, you can help with number one by not sending me baked goods or talking about yummy food I'm not supposed to eat, and you can help with number 2 by sending me money. WINK WINK. But I really only expect help with number 3.)

How can you help you ask? Well, I first need to compile a least of Random Acts of Kindness Deeds. For example, paying for the person behind me's food at a drive-thru. They pull up to the window, ready to pay, and BAM! Never knew who did it, but they get a free meal. Or another, have you ever really wanted a soda but didn't have enough change or you were spending time trying to count out your change and you were getting frustrated? What if someone had put extra change in the machine before you got there. Or finally, what if you went to your mailbox and there was a gift card to Walmart or Target with a note that only said, Pass on this good deed?

I need some more ideas! Hit me up!!

2 comments:

cadovius said...

I think these ideas are fantastic!!! YOU GO! I am so proud of you guys. Paying off debt is the most rewarding thing we've done and God will really bless your obedience when it comes to your finances. There's no freedom like financial freedom

Denise said...

Hey, Renata! I was just wondering how you're doing on your goals. I have also made some goals, and I'm feeling like I'm not measuring up. But today is a new day, right? I'm starting again today, and that's all I can really do. I can't undo the day before. Anyway, hope you're well and things are going well for you and Tim!