Sunday, January 15, 2017

January 2017 Update

I promised I'd update once a month this year so that gives you one update on my awesome goals. The others, Let's see, how are the other goals going?

1. The #DeanNoSoda17 is going pretty well. It's been much easier than I thought. Of course, we're only on day 14, but usually it's breaking the habit that's hard right? Roman's teacher rewards his class with soda when they have good behavior. He is a little sad that he won't get to participate in the reward and has asked the Family Committee to convene and decide if this might be allowed. I'll keep you posted.

2. Paleo, Power cooking, and eating from our cabinets all kind of go together. Paleo and power cooking will begin in February because we've been eating from our cabinets. In fact, we were snowed/iced in for about 5 days and we REALLY ate from what we had our our cabinets. It's a blessing to have enough food that we can just eat what's been piling up. I think we all should be thankful to have food in our cabinets. Not everyone in our country, and definitely not our world, can say that.

3.  I did pretty great the first week back at school with the 10 pm bedtime on Sunday-Thursday, but then the ice/snow came and we all know how that is. We sleep later and watch movies later, so that got me and even more importantly, the littles off track. In fact, I fully believe they were the last ones awake this past Thursday night at well past 11:00 pm, tucked safely in their beds of course.

4. The snow/ice have delayed our dinner guests but I'm glad we started this monthly tradition of having guests over for dinner. I'm looking forward to a great year with friends in our home.

5. Reading more for purpose has probably been the least of the goals so far, unless you count the 130+ transcripts I read through during the ice/snow break. I know its going to be a busy next few months so I've been trying to get ahead of the scheduling snowball that's heading my way. Hoping this work now will free up my schedule to be able to do some more purposeful reading soon.

6.Finally, I have found contentment this month in our ability to make do with what we have. Eating what you have instead of eating out  or buying more, really makes you realize how much you already have. It's been a great experiment to see what we have and how we can live in the temporary with less. I'm looking forward to the upcoming months, finding contentment in other things. This month's sounds really simple, and it was, but it's really given me a much better outlook on what we often take for granted.


No comments: