Saturday, March 25, 2017

March 2017 Update

Okay, I know...I'm a month behind. It's okay. I'm still here.

I know you've probably been wondering about how the #deannosoda17 challenge is going. I have to tell you....I am so impressed! No one is out yet. Everyone has seriously committed to this challenge and we are still going STRONG! Today, Raiden said, "I can't wait until next year when I can drink a soda again...well, unless we do the no soda challenge again." We are on day 83, getting ready to wrap up our third month. I have to admit that I drink tea a good bit when out and about now because I don't always want to drink water. I do still have dreams where I look down and I'm drinking a soda and I totally freak out and get really upset that I have messed up the challenge. Thank goodness I always wake up and realize I'm just dreaming!

Let's see, what else is new? Life has been super busy. Without as many snow days this year, the school year has seemed extra busy. Of course, it could be that we have two toddlers running around that exhaust us as well. I have done much better about going to bed earlier, and that has helped in having more energy to survive the busy days.

Roman and Raiden are starting soccer back up. They are looking forward to the Spring season. This is Raiden's last season in U10 on the smaller field, so he is looking forward to trying to score a few more goals before the field gets really big.

Teagan has started taking karate at daycare. She is very excited about wearing her "unicorn" each Tuesday and kicking and punching. I'm not sure how much karate a 3 year old really learns but we thought it'd be great exposure for her. Ryker is getting to that age where they say all kinds of funny things. He talks in complete sentences and it's really amazing what he says. He is a very empathetic little guy. Tim has been sick today and he was asking him, "You feel better, Daddy? You still sick?" Tim told him yes and he said, "I love you very much!" It was just the sweetest thing ever!

We are a little behind inviting people over to eat with us. We had some great company at the end of January and enjoyed some also fellowship and spaghetti, but then February and March have just been so very busy. I'm sure we can catch up this spring/summer. At least I hope so!

....until next month!

No comments: