Monday, August 4, 2008

2nd Weigh-In

First, let me say that this is an unofficial weigh-in. We had to make a slight detour in our contest due to some unexpected issues that arose. Anyway, we are getting back on track. Tim will be able to sign up for the gym this week, and since the boys are back in daycare, as of today, I'll be able to head to school early and work out.

Please pray for Tim's grandmother, Harriett. She fell and broke her hip last Sunday, July 27. The doctors did hip replacement surgery and she spent a few days in the hospital. Now, she is in a nursing home for rehab. As some of you know, we moved down here partly to help out with family. Tim's grandparents live in an adjacent apartment to our house which we share with Tim's mom. Tim's grandfather has Alzheimer's and cannot be left alone, so it has been a tough few weeks for Tim's mom with all of the shuttling him around to different places. They have a sitter coming in tomorrow, so please pray for our family during this transition. We're hoping that the sitter arrangement is an answered prayer and will help everyone.

Anyway, I'm pleased to report that even though I am not officially working out, I have still lost a few pounds and it's been 1 MONTH today since I've had a soft drink/carbonated beverage.

Starting weight (7/5/08): 160 lbs.
1st weigh in (7/20/08): 158 lbs.
2nd weigh in (8/3/08): 156 lbs.

I did get some running in while on vacation, but I'd like to get in a little more over the next few weeks. Next weigh in: August 16.

1 comment:

Katie said...

YAY! Stay off those sodas! You can do it!