Thursday, August 14, 2008

Blue-Gold Match


When I evented the idea of hosting our own Blue-Gold match, I had no idea how it would turn out. I thought it might be a lot of work or really stressful. I didn't think the community would come out to watch a scrimmage or even buy tickets to one. I thought maybe we'd try it this year and it'd probably just be another nixed idea.

I am happy to say that NONE of these ideas was founded. It turned out to be VERY little work. I just had to make the tickets, which I did on my computer and get sponsors, which once again, I did on my computer (all but one sponsor responded by email). The girls each sold 15 tickets, most of the girls sold all of theirs and a few came back to get more. The community TRUELY supported our event. There was probably 50+ people there, and if you know volleyball, that's about what game crowds look like on a good day.

We made around 1000 dollars, and if I'm calculating right, we made enough money to order new uniforms, which was my goal! The girls are going to be so excited!! We're definitely doing this one again next year!! Enjoy the pics!

2 comments:

cadovius said...

that's amazing!!! way to go!

Katie said...

Woohoo! :)