Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Everything is ok...until dinner burns!

Paleo truly makes you plan ahead. It makes you realize how convenient life has become, and with that convenience, lots of carbs and sugar. Tonight, we had planned on having chicken wrapped in bacon, one of my favorites, but the grill had other plans. It burned it all. So there we were, 30 minutes before we were to leave for football practice and a meeting with nothing to eat. At first, we thought, "Ok, we'll grab something." Of course, quickly we realized there was nothing to grab. There was nothing to eat at a fast food place that will work with Paleo. So we fed the kids, and we agreed to fix dinner after practice. I grabbed a half of a banana and a glass of water.

I have to admit though. Dinner turned out great, even though it was a little late. Hamburger steak with onions, gravy, and bacon over spinach. YUMMY! (I never thought I'd use the word yummy to describe spinach.)


No comments: