Thursday, August 6, 2015

Smoothies...Pineapples...Porkchops...Oh MY!

I have learned a lot just in the 5 days I have been on this new Paleo diet. For one, I've learned that cucumbers and zucchini look ALOT alike. I'm such an idiot. If you look back at my post from Day One, you will see that I clearly used cucumbers instead of zucchini. What a dummy!

Anyway, if you can't laugh at yourself who can, right? Normally, this time of the year I make lots of milkshakes. I'm not sure what inspires me to do that, but I always start making milkshakes during school breaks and as summer breaks grinds to an end, it's just what I do. Well, milk is a Paleo no-no, so I have been on a smoothie kick. I honestly have never been good a smoothie making until I realized last night what I had been missing all along. HONEY!! It is the ultimate sweetener. So, now I just throw some frozen fruit in the blender with some fresh fruit maybe a little apple sauce and a tad of honey. YUMMY!

I have to confess...I've never cut a pineapple...until today. I admit it. I watched a guy on Youtube show me how to do it. It worked. I still don't like pineapple, but I threw some in my smoothie and I used them on our VERY VERY awesome porkchops. They were so yummy...I should have taken a picture. We sprinkled them with ginger and paprika and glazed them with minced garlic. Then, we put pineapple on top about halfway through and they were AWESOME! Definitely going to make those again. 

...and on a side note, the scales went down 2 more pounds. I know, water weight, but that's 7 pounds down in 5 days, and that makes for an excited Renata! And I've never eaten so much and stayed so full in my entire life!

No comments: