Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Couple of Big Losers


Welcome to the Biggest Loser Tim and Renata Style! Okay, so we've been inspired by our good friend in Thailand, Matt Jones, who was able to lose 48 lbs. while competing with his missionary friend in Poland. Theirs of course was Missionary biggest loser. We'll just call ours A Couple of Big Losers. We decided that we're tired of looking at that extra fat hanging around our bodies and we just want some more energy. Tim and I are very competitive and we've been competing for years in just about everything. When we first started dating, we started our annual March Madness Hoops competition, and it evolved into everything from NFL football to who wins Survivor or Big Brother. So we are at it once again to see who will be the Biggest Loser!
Here's our stakes:
The competition begins tomorrow, July 7th, and runs through December 6th
That's right! 5 months of competition!
Weigh-Ins: At first we weren't going to do them at all, but we then decided we'd need a little bit of fuel for the fire, so we'll be weighing in every other Saturday. Also, we'll have a weigh-in on Saturday, October 4th for a mini-prize (dinner at the winner's favorite restaurant).
Obviously, we're not going by pure pounds, we're basing it on percent of weight lost.
Diets and the Gym: The rule is you can go on any diet you want as long as you don't go bulimic or anoxeric. Also, Tim will join the gym near his work, and I'll have the gym at my work to use.
The Prize: If I win, we will remodel the bathroom, complete with a new bathtub with jets, a shower, enclosure, an additional sink, new paint, and most importantly a water softener with filter. Right now the water smells like rotten fish when you turn on the water, something about underground water smelling like sulfur for some purpose?? I don't know it just stinks and that's my biggest nemesis since moving here.
If Tim wins, he gets a small boat. One of the exciting things about living down here at the beach is being able to get out on the water. Unfortunately, so far we haven't been able to do that much without a way to get out there. So Tim wants to remedy that with a boat.
We'll post blogs each week to let you guys know how it's going! Wish us luck!
Renata starting weight: 160 lbs. <---I'm definitely not happy with this, but I do have to say that it is less than where I was at when I started working out last November. Unfortunately, I stopped working out mid-February due to hip bursitis.
You can read about Tim's progress on his blog at http://deanempire.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

cadovius said...

Girl, I am so proud of you!!! Way to go. Since I love you both I'll be encouraging both of you to do well. But, since I'm a woman and I've birthed two boys just like you, I'm secretly pulling for you to win. Plus, I LOVE the idea of a great bathroom! ROCK ON! If you ever need ANYthing you just holler. I'm still trying to lose a pesky 15 that won't seem to go away (I call 'em my stress pounds) so I'm here for you in every way!
love you so much!
Deb

Timothy J. Dean said...

First off, let me just say I wish you all the luck in the world...you're gonna need it to beat me. Yes I know the numbers are in your favor but seriously....you really think you can win? Just remember....I want a boat trailer with it.

Anonymous said...

Haha...good idea, sounds like fun. Good luck!!!
~Shaela :)